tanka set

slowly

coming into myself

my forties 

have been a renewed 

pursuit of self 

-

slowly 

hothouse orchids open

their purple 

brilliant against this world

teetering on a cliff´ś edge

-

phone call 

from a previous lover

right 

in the middle of drinking 

a blueberry mojito

-

my past 

full of nameless faces

in hidden spots

ive become too numb 

to the feeling of shame

-

my lunch 

simmering etoufee

over 

brilliant white rice...

teapot whistles 

-

argument 

between friends...

the night´s 

coolness seeps 

into my marrow

-

secrets 

of a dead friend...

on the table

the whiteness

of a camellia 

-

evening coolness

all to soon 

the wedding 

is called off...

sliver of night moon 

-

having left

the Christmas tree up 

all night

there are certain things

i find myself remembering 

-

against blue hydrangeas

i throw away 

what remains

of my

insecurities 

-

i should be asleep 

instead

forcing myself 

to write whatever 

enters my mind

-

slightly 

inebriated

the vacuum 

stays where 

i left it 

-

some days 

i simply want

to live 

in the world of 

underwater lotuses

-

grains of beach sand 

in the kids shoes

summer 

is ending and fall 

is beginning 

-

black curtains 

obscure

the realities

of everyday people...

wilted orchids 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Description of ´Anti Ghazal´