[REMEMBERANCE] a zuihitsu (add to my writings)

[Rememberance] a zuihitsu


With amazement, remembering bits and pieces of life on Willow St. Fig tree in the backyard. Two giant pine trees in the front yard. Remembering moman’s (mama’s) set of brick-red “The World Book Encyclopedias 1956. Mémær (grandmother) in the kitchen making boudin and other Creole delicacies. Memories on top of memories. 


It was always a long stretch of road. I hated walking it but loved riding a bike (or my bike) on it. I remember wind running its fingers through my hair as I zipped up and down the street without any cares. Those were days when I was the freest I’d ever be. 


Pot of pork’n beans simmers on the stove. White rice in the cooker. No man to love and none to cook for…


[Things That Produce Sadness]

A single hyacinth on the table. An untouched magazine. Several new Kindle books unread. Text messages—ignored. Phone charger that no longer charges. Abandoned kids. Two friends on the outs. Chocolate stain (or any food stain for that matter) on a shirt. The cry of a puppy. 


Wonder what life would have been if my papa would have lived. I have his cheekbones. He has all of my ‘What Ifs’ wrapped up neatly in his hands. I suppose he’s watching from The Beyond; along with moman and all the others. I suppose… (I hope.)


smile

of a newborn…

a woman’s ‘good morning’

against the smell 

of pancakes 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Description of ´Anti Ghazal´