tanshi/tanka set

the momentary happiness 

of standing in the mirror

flossing my teeth 

-

thinking of Germany's Black Forest...

i want to travel 

i want to make memories 

-

woman wearing 

a dangerously low neckline ... 

i want that kind of reckless abandone

-

most of the books i loved 

reading years ago

i now find them tedious 

-

in night coolness a light rain 

standing under the awning 

my thoughts are few

-

having eaten more chips 

now 4 am i get up 

to make a much needed walk around 

-

pausing in my tanka-making 

to patrol the hotel 

it is rather cold in the office 

-

walking these quiet hallways 

i suddenly wonder about 

'The Son of Sam' 

-

brief moment

staring around the parking lot 

something comforting about the silence 

-

tanka are miniatures 

holding slices of Life...

i really jot down anything 

-

only a wife and husband 

having breakfast this morning

i keep fighting sleep 

-

looking over Kouri-Vini words...

reclaiming my heritage language

in my beginning forties

-

got bored and decided to go for a walk 

looking through a store

for red apples 

-

my colleague 

offers me weed gummies—

i tell her my Zoloft does just fine 

-

really thinking to myself 

i love my old neighborhood on Willow ST

it seemed bigger as a kid 

-

ive become a lonely man 

who withdraws inside self...

its been 10 yrs of survival mode

-

Chagall's 'Green Lovers' 

wonder what i would look like

painted in the Cubism style

-

thinking to myself: 

'wish someone would buy me 

a bottle of Issey Miyaki' 

-

oldest brother...

wondering if i had a twin 

would we still be friends in adulthood 

-

my shadow's been a constant friend 

i don't really like the taste

of this hotel coffee

-

really hoping this winter 

will be a lengthy one 

full of delicious coldness 

-

7 am ...

waiting for the same colleague 

to arrive and relieve me 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Description of ´Anti Ghazal´